tirsdag 12. april 2011

What's Going Ahn

Yes, I haven't updated this blog for a long time, mostly because my computer got busted last summer and there's been little in the ways of money around. But I've bought a new laptop and it's springtime. So that's better. Also;

1. Me and my longtime girlfriend broke up. I met a new girl right away, but it didn't last. Rebound? Anyways, single again. Did this blog get too personal all of a sudden?

2. I've started buying records again, and by that I mean both cd's and vinyl. In fact; I bought 138 cd's from a used-cd sale at the excellent record shop Big Dipper. There were alot of records I've been meaning to buy for some time now, and quite a few that my ex had. Which may not be an excellent idea. But so be it.

3. I went on tour with my friends in the excellent post-rock/old-school emo band Youth Pictures of Florence Henderson. I was their roadie, meaning I sold merch, drove the tour-bus a little and took some pictures at their shows, but mostly just drank a lot of beer and had a bloody brilliant time. In fact, the best time I've ever had. In the two and half weeks we travelled we visited Sweden, Germany, Belgium, Holland, England, the Czech Republic and Austria. Anyways, here's a tour video:



4. I made this song with a couple of the guys from Youth Pictures. It's me on vocal, Morfar on drums and Blomert on guitars.

5. This dj-thing is starting to happen, well what I do is just change records really. Mostly I've been playing with Stian from the excellent blog Heartworn Highways, he also works at the aforementioned record shop Big Dipper. We've been playing hits (and hits that should've been hits) at Revolver, Gloria Flames and Parkteatret as You're Too Obscure For Me (Hey, that's the same name as this blog!) Also; I've playing with other friends, or alone, at Q, Tilt, Black Box Theater and, like last year, at the How is Annie-festival at Parkteateret.



Last, but definitely not least; You're Too Obscure For Me will be spinning records at the Norway's best band-festival this friday. The bands playing are Youth Pictures of Florence Henderson, Monzano and Nomber 5s. This should be awesome/epic/legendary.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar